Steven Tanger Center Rules
The Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts wants to make sure that every guest has a safe and enjoyable visit. To ensure that this goal is met, the owners have outlined a list of rules and policies below Please read and adhere to the following rules as failure to abide by them may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, please contact The Tanger Center at 336-373-7575.
Tanger Center is proud of its cooperation with ADA guidelines and offers the following accommodations and services:
- Accessible toilet facilities
- Lower ticket and guest services counters
- Backstage restroom facilities
- Curb cuts for wheelchair access to the property from City sidewalks
- Elevators to include two (2) in the Phillips Hall lobby
- Accessible seating for guests with disabilities is available in all levels of seating.
- Handicap parking spaces adjacent to Tanger Center (subject to availability). Specific handicap parking metered spaces are also located on City streets as well as defined spaces in City parking garages.
Patrons with mobility restrictions can call the Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts ADA Helpline at 336.218.5333 (Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST unless otherwise noted) to purchase event tickets in accessible seating locations.
Arriving late may result in guests being asked to wait in the lobby until a designated break period. To avoid frustration, The Tanger Center recommends that you arrive no later than 45 minutes before a ticketed event to make sure you have plenty of time to find parking and get to your seat.
Large bags are not allowed in the venue. Smaller bags may be subject to inspection by event staff and security. Guests may refuse searches and event staff reserves the right to refuse entry.
The Tanger Center will make every effort to announce cancellations due to severe weather or artist cancellation as soon as possible. If your ticketed event is canceled, please call 336-373-7575 to ask about rescheduling or ticket refund procedures and policies.
The Tanger Center allows children entry into most shows at the venue. If a show or event is age-restricted it will be described as such in the program description or program guide. If a child is disruptive during an event, the child and their accompanying parent or guardian may be asked to wait in the lobby.
All guests require a ticket regardless of age.
Outside food and drink are not allowed in the theater for most events and shows. Refreshments are available from concessions stands before the show and during intermission.
Lost and Found Policy
Lost an item at an event? You can ask event staff for help with finding the lost and found service. You can also call 336-373-7575 after the performance. Please be prepared to leave your full name, contact information, and a detailed description of your lost item.
The Tanger Center does not claim responsibility for your lost possessions.
The Tanger Center restricts certain items to keep guests and event staff safe. Please refer to the list below for details. All bags and guests are subject to visual inspections and any prohibited items may be disposed of or returned to guest vehicles. To avoid frustration, please refer to the list below.
- Alcoholic or other Beverages
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Audio or Video Recording equipment
- Cameras (camera policies vary on an event by event basis)
- Bags (larger than 10”x 8”x 8”)
- Beach Balls
- Canes, Chains or Sticks of any length (non-medical use canes)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Coolers (unless containing medical supplies)
- Diaper Bags (unless accompanied by a baby)
- Fireworks or any Explosive
- Folding Chairs
- Food and Beverage
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laser Pointers
- Pets (except service animals for patrons with disabilities)
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Tape Recorders
- Large golf or non-telescopic umbrellas
- Weapons of any description, including firearms (weapons with a carry permit are also prohibited)
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a dangerous projectile or security risk.
- Other items that in the judgment of Tanger Center management pose a safety risk or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.
The Tanger Center may allow refunds only if performance or event is canceled due to severe weather or artist cancellation. If you cannot make it to an event, you may also call the box office at 336-373-7575 to see if an exchange may be made.
Smoking is not allowed at the venue. Event staff will happily direct you to designated smoking areas outside of the venue.